Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Changes!

So here it is again, a brand new year, a year to be healthy. This is what everyone says. Right?
You see it on the news, Matt Lauer interviews the Today Show’s fitness guru about the 2012 fitness trends. Should being healthy and more importantly, “staying healthy,” change throughout the years? I would think not.
If your problem is weight loss, it seems simple; eat less junk and move a little more. What if your problem is something a little more? I’m 25 years old and  have had multiple knee surgeries. But, in addition to this, I also have a heart condition. My heart condition was something I did to myself– pushing my body too hard when I was younger and obviously I was not ready for the stress it endured. (Don’t worry, I’m completely fine. I just feel more pressure in my chest when I work out.)
So here it is - to making some changes this year - to be healthy. As an ex-tennis player, my coach always told me to write down my goals. This way you are accountable. We all make goals especially this time of year. I actually get annoyed with many of y’all on your goals – the gym was always packed in the month of January.
Let us all be honest. How many of you can "honestly" say you have done what you said you were going to do? I know I haven’t. So here it goes –a public declaration of change.  This blog, which was once private and used as entertainment with my close friends, has become my source of accountability.
I hope y’all will support me in this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment